I'd just finished formating (dd) and reinstalling 7.4.2 on a working flashdrive, went to the bank and another website before I went to USPTO to check on my patent application to download the latest Office Action. I tried 3 times and it wouldn't download (my flashdrive download directory was empty). But the last time said there was a file already downloaded and asked to overwrite it. I ageed, and then rebooted knoppix 7.4.2 in order to fix all that's wrong. But it wouldn't reboot, and stalled on: knoppix 7.4.2 /init: exec: line 1049: /sbin/init: Input/output error.

I put in a fresh newly installed flashdrive and it too wouldn't bootup. Also stalling on: knoppix 7.4.2 /init: exec: line 1049: /sbin/init: Input/output error. I reformated (dd) and reinstalled 7.4.2 on both drives and tried again. But no luck: same problem. But the computer will boot up with the Knoppix 7.4.2 live dvd, that's what I'm using to make this post.
Any help is profoundly appreciated folks. I'm overwhelmed with all this and the topic is barren online..