Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Your connection (to amazon.com) is not private ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    167

    Your connection (to amazon.com) is not private ...

    On knoppix 7.7.1


    Chromium Version 53.0.2785.113 Built on 8.5, running on Debian stretch/sid

    What does this message mean?

    I very much doubt amazon (a shopping site) is not following standards when it comes to their selling applications


    lbrtchx

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    167
    this is what I mean:

    https://hsymbolicus.files.wordpress....0_10-52-30.png

    notice the nm-applet on the lower right corner

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    167
    Your connection (to amazon.com) is not private ...

    https://hsymbolicus.files.wordpress....2_amazon00.png

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    129
    Nothig new there. It has nothig to do with Knoppix.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by philo View Post
    Nothig new there. It has nothig to do with Knoppix.
    What does it have to do with?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Albretch View Post
    What does it have to do with?
    Chromium.

    Upgrade it to version 55.0.2883.75 via Synaptic (after reloadig) or apt . See it here:

    https://packages.debian.org/sid/i386/chromium/download
    Last edited by philo; 12-12-2016 at 01:30 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by philo View Post
    Chromium.

    Upgrade it to version 55.0.2883.75 via Synaptic (after reloadig) or apt . See it here:

    https://packages.debian.org/sid/i386/chromium/download
    Yes, and in a sense it did have to do with knoppix (I run it from the DVD). They explained to me

    https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium...tail?id=664177


    Probably for the next version of knoppix coming soon you want to upgrade the browsers

    thanks

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    167
    I have been finding other sites the current 7.7.1 (as with amazon.com) is not displaying and then they are displayed with a totally corrupted rendering, try: https://www.wunderground.com/

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Albretch View Post
    I have been finding other sites the current 7.7.1 (as with amazon.com) is not displaying and then they are displayed with a totally corrupted rendering, try: https://www.wunderground.com/
    Rendering is perfect with Chromium 55.

    I consider this thread as closed as far as I am concerned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •