Thread: Why has knoppix (on hard drive) done a re-login shortly after resume from Suspend?

Why has knoppix (on hard drive) done a re-login shortly after resume from Suspend?

I had put knoppix into Suspend (Fn+F4) for a few minutes (which I've done many
    times before), and then pressed SPACEBAR to resume it. It resumed and displayed
    what was on the screen previously.

I didn't type anything but proceeded to read the text that was in a Kate window
    that was still open from before the Suspend.

However, about 20 to 40 seconds after the resume-from-Suspend (as I was reading
    the Kate text), the laptop appeared to perform a re-login (all by itself). That
    is, it seemed to do the same as when you select KMenu/Logout/Logout. The
    applications that I had open all disappeared, and a fresh Desktop was displayed
    (the system uses LXDE).

The applications that I had open (before the re-login) were three instances of
    the Chromium browser, and 2 instances of the Kate editor. I've had no problems
    before by having three instances of Chromium open.

At the time the re-login happened, I wasn't doing anything or touching anything,
    and the internet WASN'T connected.

I'm not sure if this re-login occurrence has happened before, but it's worrying
    because if I'd had something important running at the time, then it would have
    been disastrous.

Please could you tell me why the system would do a re-login all by itself, and
    how can I stop it happening again. Thanks.

I forgot to mention:

The knoppix version is 7.0.2 (DVD).
    The kernel version is 3.3.7.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Handheld Cordless Car Vacuum: 14000PA High Power, Lightweight, Black picture

Handheld Cordless Car Vacuum: 14000PA High Power, Lightweight, Black

$45.99

Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Laptop Dust picture

Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Laptop Dust

$30.95

100000RPM Cordless Air Duster Blower Compressed Computer Cleaning Vacuum Cleaner picture

100000RPM Cordless Air Duster Blower Compressed Computer Cleaning Vacuum Cleaner

$32.99

Electric Vacuum Cleaner Air Duster Suction High Pressure for Computer Car Home picture

Electric Vacuum Cleaner Air Duster Suction High Pressure for Computer Car Home

$10.87

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit US picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit US

$13.68

Compressed Air Duster with Air Blower 100000RPM Vacuum Cleaner and Air Duster picture

Compressed Air Duster with Air Blower 100000RPM Vacuum Cleaner and Air Duster

$38.99

2 in 1 Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner For Car Home Office Rechargeable picture

2 in 1 Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner For Car Home Office Rechargeable

$23.85

4in1 Cordless Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable Mini picture

4in1 Cordless Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable Mini

$17.99

4 in 1 upgrade Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable Mini picture

4 in 1 upgrade Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable Mini

$17.98

Ambiano Desktop Vacuum - Purple picture

Ambiano Desktop Vacuum - Purple

$4.99