I found Knoppix at my local Linux user's group meeting in Davis, CA, USA. Runs perfectly on my PC.

A quick search of the forums here has indicated some interest in a PPC version of Knoppix. New Amiga computers have just been released (December, 2002) that are now PPC-based (G3 and G4) and use standard AGP and PCI hardware on the mainboard. Eyetech in the UK are responsible for the boards and Hyperion Entertainment is writing the new OS 4 for the machines. A competing board is also being made by Thendic Electronics, also PPC-based (G3 and G4), running Morph OS.

My point is this: there are at least two other platforms in addition to Mac that run PPC processors. And they're new. These customers might be very interested in PPC Knoppix and have a world-wide base that is very loyal.

Hopefully a new PPC Knoppix will be forthcoming that will enable these machines to run on it. BTW, the Eyetech board is currently running most forms of PPC Linux already, including Debian, SuSE and Yellow Dog using a standard Linux kernel. Install problems would be obviated by the Knoppix install model. Memory capacities are 1-2 gigabytes, so that isn't a limit either. Hardware detection should be similar to the current Knoppix.

Just some ideas I hope will be interesting in the forum.