Thread: Changing some stuff inside /home/knoppix

Changing some stuff inside /home/knoppix

Hi everybody,

I'm making a remastered version of Knoppix, with another version of openoffice.org and some additional translations for mozilla. I'd like both to automatically start with the correct settings for my native language instead of popping up the setup tool, so I've put the .mozilla and .openoffice into /etc/skel. But... after burning the CD and rebooting, I can notice that the .mozilla is well in /home/knoppix, but not .openoffice. Not all files from /etc/skel seems to be copied actually - and if I remember correctly the original openoffice config were stored in /etc/skel/.soffice. Any idea about how is /home/knoppix built would be very welcome, since I have to submit the master CD to be burnt and distributed with a computer magazine soon!

Just the same, but I'd like to remove some icons of KDE's kicker. But the kde config in /etc/skel is just different from the one in /home/knoppix. Actually /etc/skel seems just to be used when you install Knoppix on your HD, unless I missed something...

Thanks!
    Alex.

Member registered user
    Hey, im developing a localized version too

Im my case I modifiqued the config files ander /etc/skel/.kde to personalize kde and worked well after I remastered the CD.

I think you can junt configure kde in your host sistem and copy the entire .kde folder fron /ramdisk/home/knoppix to /etc/skel under your chrooted sistem. Not tested this yet

Member registered user
    "I think you can junt configure kde in your host sistem and copy the entire .kde folder fron /ramdisk/home/knoppix to /etc/skel under your chrooted sistem. Not tested this yet"

Ops, I tested i'm my last build. Dont work, a lot of problems to login user Knoppix.

Numpty
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E_Morimoto
    Hey, im developing a localized version too

Im my case I modifiqued the config files ander /etc/skel/.kde to personalize kde and worked well after I remastered the CD.

I think you can junt configure kde in your host sistem and copy the entire .kde folder fron /ramdisk/home/knoppix to /etc/skel under your chrooted sistem. Not tested this yet
    I have had the same problem, in my case getting wine to run and auto start a director application.

What I found was that the profile seems to be generated from some scripts. The script that copies the profile and the associated directories such as .kde etc is located in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession , There is a section that copies the profile and lists the directories that it copies. I just added .wine into the list and it worked.

Great - that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot! ^_^

Alex.