Hello all.

I've recently started playing with the idea of remastering Knoppix, and been having some fun removing, adding, and thinking of what to install.

I've removed a great deal of programs and libraries to get the compressed KNOPPIX down to 196 MB, and I've decided to test it out.

The biggest thing I've done is remove KDE completely (which doesn't seem too absurd, as lots have seem to have done it before), and use fluxbox instead (for now, but I might head towards Ratpoison for my final idea, which is along the lines of Damn Small Linux).

I've also edited /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig, and switched the line..

Code:
case "$DESKTOP" in gnome|kde|larswm|xfce|windowmaker|wmaker|icewm|fluxbox|twm) ;; *)  DESKTOP="KDE"; ;; esac
..to..

Code:
case "$DESKTOP" in gnome|kde|larswm|xfce|windowmaker|wmaker|icewm|fluxbox|twm) ;; *)  DESKTOP="fluxbox"; ;; esac
Anyways, when I go to test my KNOPPIX out and reboot with my floppy, I can't get X to start up. If I boot with no options, X won't start. If i try booting with "knoppix 2", and then "startx", "/usr/bin/fluxbox", or "startx /usr/bin/fluxbox", I get an error of "no screens found". I'd post the whole error, but I can't copy and paste. If I try rebooting again later, I'll write it down.

I guess my question is, is there anything I've missed in the config files while remastering? I can't seem to find any other info except for changing the /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig file.

If anyone can help out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.