Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New remaster- Overclockix

i was wondering if you can figure out how to get it to detect Ati video cards?
    use the ati latest cat linux drivers on their site.

Senior Member registered user
    I did put the install-on-demand scripts by fabianX for 3d drivers of Ati and Nvidia cards on the Technomancer builds of overclockix. They're in /usr/local/bin, but I'm pretty sure the scripts were made before the newest ati dfrivers were released. There are also cheatocdes but I'm not sure that they force a 3d-capable driver or not.

Haven't tried it personally, as I still game in windows on 2 other computers at my house that are more suited to it (9700pro, 8500).

I'll be trying to make some improvements soon and a new build, so maybe I'll work on editing fabianX's ATI script to get the newer driver. I certainly have machines that could be good test subjects.. I've just got a lot of other projects right now and may take me a couple of weeks to get to it.

Re: New remaster- Overclockix

Quote Originally Posted by arkaine23
    This is geared towards system recovery and network admin stuff kind of like Knoppix STD. It has almost every added package found in Knoppix STD in fact. I also removed most of the games and there's only english and japanese language support. Lots of customization to KDE- karamba, slick cursors, backgrounds, icons... Included are the following burn-in / distributed computing clients:

http://overclockix.octeams.com/
    I checked out the page, but was unable to download the Overclockix-Technomancer-v2.iso

A typo, perhaps?

double post

Technomancer-V2. I pulled that one off my server. It was available for a short period, but I wanted to fix some bugs. Guess I still need to update my page. I haven't had time to work on overclockix recently, but I should get V2 back up in a week or two, and it'll have the toram and fromhd cheatcodes as found in the newest release of Knoppix.

This cd so far is the best. I'm running the Abit NF7-S and my nvnet0 works too, thank god. But has anyone tried hdinstall and had the problem I am having. When i throw in the cd it fails to mount my third hard drive, HDE, wich is a 60 gig seagate (running witht he serial ata adapter this could be why . It says something like could not create directory /dev/ during startup. So when i run knx-hdinstall it doesnt find my hde. Any help on how to mount this via the cd would be helpful.

I love the gimp shortcut, and gaim, very handy on a boring day of school.

I now have a forum for overclockix support! http://overclockix-forum.theaog.com

I'm glad you like it.

I would like to make some more improvements and fix some bugs, but finding the time for it is tough now. If anyone would like to do some work on this remaster as part of a team effort, they are welcome to.

Right now I'm fixing up my dually (gentoo install) and doing some maintenance on a couple of other boxes. I'm also working 4 jobs. But a newer, better Overclockix is still on my to do list and I will make some time for it as soon as I can.

Sorry I don't have an answer about your drive on an SATA port, or about getting onboard sound or ati 3d drivers working. You'll have to search around and see if you can find an answer. If the solution requires remastering the CD to add drivers or edit scripts, I'll do what can to make the improvements.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123