Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KnoppiXMAME

Re: KnoppiXMAME iso image:hard to get

Quote Originally Posted by drfreak
    Quote Originally Posted by lrf

It's a couple of days I am trying to download from official site but it turned out to be impossible to access.
    Today I started browsing mirror sites and finally found KnoppiXMAME on a Swiss ftp but:
    - size of file is 211MB
    - after download gunzip step halts with a message of "unexpected end of file".

Do you have any suggestion or an alternative address where to pick it up?

TIA
    Here is the location all new versions wind up in:

ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/system/emulators
    or
    http://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/system/emulators

You may not be downloading the official KnoppiXMAME. The release version is a standard .iso and not gzipped. There is also a .md5 file to check it with in the directory on ibiblio.
    Thanks for the .gz extension warning.

These are the locations you mentioned in a previous message and they seem unreachable..[just tested again].

bhsx

How to boot to fluxbox/gxmame?

I've been looking for where to change knoppix's default WM... how did you get it to boot to fluxbox as default?
    I've been looking through all sorts of files for the answer, I'm assuming wherever you put it, the line looks something like
    exec /usr/bin/fluxbox && gxmame
    but where?
    Thanks.

Senior Member registered user

KnoppixMame idea

How about some way of dumping an arcade compatable video mode out of the video card?

Why do I ask?

http://stonent.pointclark.net

Member registered user
    Probably the easiest way to have fluxbox be the default is to boot from floppy and change the syslinux.cfg and add the boot arg to use fluxbox to the default append statement. That should work.

Rixel

Junior Member registered user

Re: KnoppixMame idea

Quote Originally Posted by stonent
    How about some way of dumping an arcade compatable video mode out of the video card?

Why do I ask?

I do want to add arcade compatible video and need testers because I don't have any working arcade machines to test on. If you send me an email, I will work with you to get it added.

Re: KnoppixMame idea

Quote Originally Posted by stonent

Why do I ask?

I do want to add arcade compatible video and need testers because I don't have any working arcade machines to test on. If you send me an email, I will work with you to get it added.

Thank you drfreak for putting this together.

Anyone ever see this?

I'm getting a "/usr/bin/xmame is not a valid executable" error after X starts up. gxmame fires up just fine, but i still get that error when trying to launch any rom. i'm using the ISO build from Jun20, from ibiblio.org. i double checked, and the file does indeed exist under /usr/bin. has anyone seen this issue before? I've searched all around for an answer, but no dice.

thanks in advance to everyone for any and all help

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaVike
    Thank you drfreak for putting this together.

Anyone ever see this?

I'm getting a "/usr/bin/xmame is not a valid executable" error after X starts up. gxmame fires up just fine, but i still get that error when trying to launch any rom. i'm using the ISO build from Jun20, from ibiblio.org. i double checked, and the file does indeed exist under /usr/bin. has anyone seen this issue before? I've searched all around for an answer, but no dice.

thanks in advance to everyone for any and all help
    Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same problem...

Thanks!

Hello there

We have similar kind of project ... we have to minimize KNOPPIX as much as we can just leaving behinde the open office , kde support , print support , email client and internet support ... can u provide us the list of packages u removed from knoppix inorder to get that distribution of urs ??? we r unable to find safe list ... each time we delete some package smthing goes wrong ... either we r unable to make filesystem or we delete some file that is required by kde.init ...

please help us in this regard ... thank u

Quote Originally Posted by urpk
    Hello there

We have similar kind of project ... we have to minimize KNOPPIX as much as we can just leaving behinde the open office , kde support , print support , email client and internet support ... can u provide us the list of packages u removed from knoppix inorder to get that distribution of urs ??? we r unable to find safe list ... each time we delete some package smthing goes wrong ... either we r unable to make filesystem or we delete some file that is required by kde.init ...

please help us in this regard ... thank u
    Hi. I don't really have such a list. Minimizing the packages is a black art. heh. I can give you a rule of thumb on my method:

I put only the sources for sid, mplayer (marillat.free.fr) and the debian experimental packages in sources.list. I then did a full dist-upgrade, but chose "N" to all debconf questions asking to replace any config files. I then went into dselect and removed everything I could think of except of course X and anything which had "knoppix" in the name. Using dselect is helpful because it will warn you if a knoppix package might possibly get replaced by a debian package. It's been an incremental process deciding what to axe, but I'm down to about 150MB now since I removed XFree 4.3 and most internationalization stuff I could find.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast