Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knoppix 8.6 new public version is finally out !

Member registered user
    I got 8.6 running. Had to give it boot codes: acpi=off no3d mkimage

I got the tohd= boot code to load it to my SSD, but it still saves the mkimage persistence to the flashdrive and can't see how to change it to save persistence file to the SSD.

Any ideas on that?

Senior Member registered user
    Quote Originally Posted by thriftee View Post
    I got the tohd= boot code to load it to my SSD, but it still saves the mkimage persistence to the flashdrive and can't see how to change it to save persistence file to the SSD.
    Doesn't the old way of using the ISO image from HDD partition work? Persistence could be achieved from the ISO image on the HDD partition too.

However, I would request to be pardoned if I overlooked something written by thriftee earlier.

BTW, has the 8.6 release solved the issue I'd raised on my query posted three months back?:
    One more installation Option needs be added for new Knoppix
    Last edited by rajibando; 09-14-2019 at 04:00 PM. Reason: typo

Moderator Moderator
    Hello,
    I have no issue running Knoppix 8.6.0 with the 64 bits kernel but it does hang after the message
    "Please do not remove medium until shutdown!" when choosing at boot time the 32 bit kernel (knoppix cheatcode).
    I have the same hanging issue with Knoppix 8.6 using 32 bit kernel when testing it within a virtual machine
    of both VMware and VirtualBox. Does anyone else can confirm this problem and have experienced similar issues ?
    Does anyone have a solution ? acpi=off and no3d does not help.
    Thanks,
    Gilles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12