Thread: How is Knoppix accessing the internet through eth and wlan differently?

Senior Member registered user

How is Knoppix accessing the internet through eth and wlan differently?

To,
    Prof. Klaus Knopper and Team Knoppix,

The general direction in debian for accessing internet through the wlan interface is here:
    5.6.6. The basics of wireless LAN interface and further.

But that includes appropriate entries in the /etc/network/interfaces file, as described in the debian manual.

I checked the file /etc/network/interfaces here in knoppix, but there were no special entries. However, through network-manager nm-applet, seeking, identifying and configuring the wlan only through password for wifi security in wpa could be accomplished in a breeze.

Wow! Thank you, Prof. Knopper, for this design.

How is this achieved? I am eager to know, as I am facing a great deal of difficulty in configuring the wlan interface to access the internet in Debian, although the wlan0 card easily identifies the various wireless networks in the viccinity, like it does here in knoppix.

I have installed wpagui in knoppix too, but it doesn't show anything different. It is not even able to scan the network. Then what is the role of wpa_supplicant here in the scheme of things?

Could someone help and guide me on the way knoppix networking is set up to access the internet so easily? Please?!

Regards
    Last edited by rajibando; 07-21-2020 at 07:21 AM.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Apple | Macintosh Performa 200 | Vintage Personal Computer | Beige Casing picture

Apple | Macintosh Performa 200 | Vintage Personal Computer | Beige Casing

$199.95

MacEffects Chrome / Clear Mechanical Keyboard for Vintage Apple IIe Computers picture

MacEffects Chrome / Clear Mechanical Keyboard for Vintage Apple IIe Computers

$225.00

VINTAGE 2004 Apple Silver APPLE PRODUCT PROFESSIONAL Pin in Original Container picture

VINTAGE 2004 Apple Silver APPLE PRODUCT PROFESSIONAL Pin in Original Container

$14.99

Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 120 (H0131) picture

Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 120 (H0131)

$150.00

Vintage Apple Newton eMate 300 Laptop Computer 1997 H0208 Teal Blue Green Works picture

Vintage Apple Newton eMate 300 Laptop Computer 1997 H0208 Teal Blue Green Works

$189.99

Vintage Apple Computer Monitor picture

Vintage Apple Computer Monitor

$45.90

Vintage Classic Apple Macintosh System Boot Install Disk Floppy/CD *Pick Version picture

Vintage Classic Apple Macintosh System Boot Install Disk Floppy/CD *Pick Version

$10.39

Drakware ADB2USB - vintage Apple ADB to USB keyboard adapter picture

Drakware ADB2USB - vintage Apple ADB to USB keyboard adapter

$29.95

Apple Macintosh Classic Vintage Computer M0420 from 1991 For Parts Or Repair  picture

Apple Macintosh Classic Vintage Computer M0420 from 1991 For Parts Or Repair

$90.00

Vintage Apple MacBook A1181 MB402LL/A* White C2D 2.1GHz 3GB RAM 120GB HDD picture

Vintage Apple MacBook A1181 MB402LL/A* White C2D 2.1GHz 3GB RAM 120GB HDD

$39.95