Thread: How to copie Knoppix

M@rijn

How to copie Knoppix

I have Knoppix 3.5 and i wanted to burn a couple of CD's with Knoppix on that,but i don't downloaded Knoppix i got on CD from the HCC where was made 10.000 CD's with Knoppix. But i can i do it good.
    I tryed it with CloneCD but the CD wont boot further then the first menu. And does the burningspeed matter, i burned it on 24X speed CD-RW from LIFE-TEC

Senior Member registered user

Re: How to copie Knoppix

--What in the Wide Wide World of Sports are you talking about?

--If English is not your first language, then I will try to be patient and help by stating what I *think* you were trying to convey:

--You have a version of Knoppix that doesn't exist (there is only v3.1, latest rev is Nov 8, 2002 == ftp://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppi...11-2002-EN.iso )

--You want to copy your Knoppix CD, but you didn't download it; you received an already-burned copy from something called the HCC (convention?) where they had Ten Thousand Copies preburned.

--You tried using CloneCD (which I am not familiar with) but your system won't boot with the resulting CDR.

--If that is correct, I have the following advice:

o Download the latest ISO (link is above) and burn it to CDR. The CDR has to be 700MB / 80-minute media. You may have to enter some kernel parameters at the "boot:" prompt. Press F2 there for help.

o If your original CDR from the convention works Ok, make sure you are using 700MB BRAND-NAME media, and try burning it at 16x.

--Please post here again with results or if you need further assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by M@rijn
    I have Knoppix 3.5 and i wanted to burn a couple of CD's with Knoppix on that,but i don't downloaded Knoppix i got on CD from the HCC where was made 10.000 CD's with Knoppix. But i can i do it good.
    I tryed it with CloneCD but the CD wont boot further then the first menu. And does the burningspeed matter, i burned it on 24X speed CD-RW from LIFE-TEC