Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nero 6 makes me cranky.

Senior Member registered user
    This would be much,much easier if you would have bought a Plextor .
    Plextor rulezzz in writerworld.... .
    Problems on reading of writing something ,go to a friend who has a plextor and be amazed.
    (no i don't have actions in plextor nor do I work there).
    Btw.. plextor was the LAST to bring out a DVD writer.. Why you think ????
    Btw ..plextor last's cd writer can write 1,2 GB on single cd !!!!! .

I rest my case....

ooo..

sxm20 - patch? sounds like a plan.

ktheking - back up what you say with facts, and i might listen to you.for now though, i am very happy with my lite-on. i have never burned a coaster, its fast, its quiet, and best of all, its much cheaper than the plexies. my 52x burner cost me just $45.

as for why they didnt release a DVD burner, well, i dunno. marketing blunder? couldnt decide which format? development problems?

1.2GB on a cd? please. the most i have ever been able to overburn a disc was 91 mins (up from 80), but even if i say it was 99minutes, thats still only 870MB. so unless you were compressing the data first...

hehe, actually a normal CD is for more than 3/4 filled with error correction, so I'm told by Tanenbaum. It contains about 4GB data (of which majority is ECC).

Athauglas,

I read 8 magazines on month. In 3 languages .
    I buy and sell hardware for a living.
    I work daytime in a onsite helpdesk preserving with 18 colleagues the good functionality of 5500 pc's in 2 26-floor office blocks and 12 stores.
    I've seen all brands of writers.
    For facts I can refer to you to the 2 latest magazines of CT germany (which is one the most objective magazines in europe ,they even don't mention 'best of this ...-best of that....' ) .
    For the DVD-plextor writer :CT-magazine 20 ,page 126
    For the last plextor cd-writer : CT-magazine 19 (here is described on how they did it to get to 1,2 Gb . They've used a special error correction technique. This means reading this 1,2Gb cd will only work from player who has this technique onboard )
    Believe me, when I say ; with a plextor you can't miss...

I must say plextor is NOT the cheapest. But hey, no pain ,no gain

One day ,you will stumble on THE uncopyable cd or iso and then think of plextor....

Re: Bug in Nero6.0.0.15

Quote Originally Posted by sxm20
    After wasting 8 hours in trying diferent cd writers, firmware upgrades etc I finally figured it out that there is a bug in Nero 6.0.0.15. I downloaded Nero6patch.exe and applied the patch. I have this patch, if anybody needs it let me know. I ll upload it on my FTP Server. I created the CD successfully and it works like a champ.
    I have a little problem that it doesn't detect my inbuilt wireless card. I am running it on Dell Latitude C640.
    Thanks for everybody for the support I got on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by eco2geek
    Did some searching on Google, and found others have had this same problem with your Lite-On 52x24x52x drive, here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/archive/topic/69594.html

Short version is to disable Smartburn in Nero, or use media that's certified to work at higher speeds (I didn't know this, but apparently Nero checks the blank CD-R).

You can also find the older firmware here, if you wish to downgrade. Although maybe that's not such a good idea.

I've never had a problem with Nero. With Roxio, on the other hand, I had an older version of EZ CD Creator that I uninstalled, and it wiped out a very important Windows driver, leaving me unable to start Windows. Feh.
    You can actually download the patch from these locations:

http://www.cdr.cz/files/software/Ahe...e5203Patch.exe
    http://www.cdgrab.hu/stuff/software/...e5203Patch.exe
    ftp://ftp6.nero.com/Nero60015Issue5203Patch.exe
    http://cdgrab.hu/stuff/software/nero...e5203Patch.exe

Hi,
    I always in Windows mount Linux .iso files with Daemon Tools and then burn it with Nero virtual-cd to cd direct copy.
    http://www.cd-rw.org/software/cdr_so...emon_tools.cfm

Junior Member registered user

Solution To Your Problem

I had the same problem and I downloaded the Cheetah CD burning software and it worked fine. You can download the software free at

http://download.com.com/3000-2646-10...ml?tag=lst-0-1

Once you download and install it you just have to click on the "write" tab and then select "burn image from iso file". Then select the iso file.

Jason

you guys rock

The Nero patch posted above did the trick and my CD burned right away. Nero just pops up some sort of dialogue before it starts burning saying that it will need to finalize the disc in order for the burn to work.

Junior Member registered user
    I read the how-to on burning, but I use Discjuggler. I read that it should be set for a RAW burn, and DJ has that option, but what else should I check off? I dun wanna screw this up my first try. Should I just mount it with Alcohol 120% as mentioned above (though with Daemon Tools) and do cd-to-cd burn?

Hello all,
    FYI, I Have a Plextor PX708-UF and it gives exactly the same message: pops out the 700 MB cd and informs you with the message "...not enough space..."
    So, it's definitely a Nero-problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ktheking
    This would be much,much easier if you would have bought a Plextor .
    Plextor rulezzz in writerworld.... .
    Problems on reading of writing something ,go to a friend who has a plextor and be amazed.
    (no i don't have actions in plextor nor do I work there).
    Btw.. plextor was the LAST to bring out a DVD writer.. Why you think ????
    Btw ..plextor last's cd writer can write 1,2 GB on single cd !!!!! .

I rest my case....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast