Hello all!

I tried to use Knoppix for the following task:

- make kernel packages running Knoppix 3.3 on my P4 for my debian router wich is a P120.

It's obvious why I got this idea, compiling a kernel on a P120 is a pain in the a**. So I downloaded the v3.3 built 22 Sep. 2003 and after that the latest kernel source which is now 2.4.22.

I used the old config file from my previous 2.4.20 kernel package and added some new features and most importantly the module for a faster NIC.

Well, I had no problems at all compiling and creating the packages but when dpkg I finally set up the kernel-image package on my server, I got loads of "unresolved symbols in... xyz" errors.

It seems as if debmod is unable to resolve symbols for my whole collection of modules. And now I wonder what and where things went wrong. Maybe there are some entries in /etc/modutils/path missing? I had some problems with missing or wrong entries in that files once in a while. But I to admit it I have no clue how to add the new 2.4.22 paths manually or automagically. Maybe the problem is totally different:

I didn't compile the kernel in /usr/src/linux, but in a directory on a mounted ext2 file I created on my W-DOS partition, so the base path ( -I e.g.) was /mnt/tmp/linux. Maybe this path is ported into the kernel-package and I have to override it with an option when make-kpkg??? I dunno. Please help.