I posted in laptops, but I'm getting no bites and hopefully someone here has some technical knowledge and can provide some help.

I'm trying to load Knoppix 5.1.1 live CD on a laptop (Toshiba S11). It works on the older S10 I have. I've tried lots options to no avail.
So I popped in Knoppix 6.2.1 live CD and it booted up, it found knoppix 6 on /dev/sr0. So I went back to 5.1.1 just after searching for firewire/usb devices it starts to look for knoppix in sda1 and a bunch of others, it moved to fast I couldn't see. Then I get the "Can't find knoppix file system" error and it stops dead at a #knoppix prompt.

If I type exit, it displays some more possible useful information "unable to mount file system." So I think it might have something to do with the controller? I've heard some SATA controllers weren't supported with older linux kernels? The kernel in knoppix 5.1.1 is version 2.6.19 if that helps. Maybe I should remaster a knoppix 5.1.1 with the same kernel in 6.2.1 and see if that works? I'm not sure, that's out of my expertise right now. The simplest way is hopefully able to find a combination setting so that it will be able to read the CD.

I though maybe setting home=/dev/sr0 would work since that's where knoppix 6.2.1 was found. Maybe I need to add something more to make it work or maybe I'm going down some rabbit hole.

Any help would be appreciated.