Thread: how can I install on HDD

Micromortal

how can I install on HDD

I wanted to install linux from the boot cd but when I do that, he gave my an error "SIGSEGV" signal error and I would like to install linux on my hard disk, How can I do That?????

loji
    first you need a linux partition (ext2).. you can make one with a disk partitioning utility, or a seperate prorgam like Partition magic 7

once you have a clean linux partition. boot form the knoppix CD

open up a console screen... and type
    "sudo su"
    this will mak eyou root.... than type
    " knx-hdinstall"

this will start the install script... follow the prompts and you shoud be well on yoru wayto getting knoppix instale don yoru hardrive

just so ya know.... knoppix installs as a regualr dEBAIN instalation. Not nearly as cool as the real knoppix : /

Careful with yoru bootable flags in teh CFDISK utility that is laiunched..... i Fuxed my windows partition and JUST got my laptop to function correctly after a week.

Senior Member registered user
    Apt-get will get you all the Debian trimmings you could possibly want.

Outstanding support for notebooks

I have an IBM 380ED note book and Knoppix / Debian install on it with no problems! Even with only 48mb of ram.....I booted off my main system and it found my cable modem and everything

A question about installing it on the HDD, i got Windows ME on mij system now and i made with Partition magic 8.0 an partition of 9GB Linux EXT2, but can i install knoppix now following the HOWTO's and does i have to do or get special things voor booting?? I'd like Knoppix so i want it now as second OS on my HDD