Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: broken dependencies, apt did it! apt can't fix it!

Member registered user
    opps! I was supposed to run "dpkg -i force-overwrite libxcursor-dev_1.0.2-2_i386.deb", but of course that didn't work either. I did cd to the appropriate directory first also....

Senior Member registered user
    Quote Originally Posted by lavaman094
    opps! I was supposed to run "dpkg -i force-overwrite libxcursor-dev_1.0.2-2_i386.deb", but of course that didn't work either. I did cd to the appropriate directory first also....
    I just checked http://bugs.debian.org and it is a bug it was resolved today so you should be able to get the new package in a couple of days once it works through the mirrors. It should be available in http://incoming.debian.org sooner, although I just tried the site to see if the package was there now and could not connect for some reason.

Member registered user
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    I just checked http://bugs.debian.org and it is a bug it was resolved today so you should be able to get the new package in a couple of days once it works through the mirrors. It should be available in http://incoming.debian.org sooner, although I just tried the site to see if the package was there now and could not connect for some reason.
    [sigh of relief].....ok, and when it does if I can't get through to incoming.debian.org it should be available from packages.debian.org in a couple days?

thanks!

[sigh of relief].....ok, and when it does if I can't get through to incoming.debian.org it should be available from packages.debian.org in a couple days?

thanks!
    Yes that is the way it works it goes to incoming then moves through to the regular packages, you should not even have to go to the website once it is in the packages it would be available through apt then.

Member registered user
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen

thanks!
    Yes that is the way it works it goes to incoming then moves through to the regular packages, you should not even have to go to the website once it is in the packages it would be available through apt then.
    Ok, how long does this process usually take?

Ok, how long does this process usually take?
    I'm not totally sure of the time involved but it goes like this the maintainer makes the changes compiles the program and uploads then the people in charge of the ftp appove the package and then it is uploaded to the incoming after a while in incoming then it moves in to the packages directory where it should go. So it is a matter of when the people responsible have the time to do what is required to move it along I would think it would not be more than a few days.

Sure you have the command right? I used
    cd /var/cache/apt/archives/
    dpkg --force-overwrite -i package_inquestion.deb
    and it worked through for me.
    Regards

Member registered user

frustrated

Hmm...if the bug was fixed 9 days ago why is the package not available via apt and not even on incoming.debian.org?

This is so frustrating![/quote]

Re: frustrated

Hmm...if the bug was fixed 9 days ago why is the package not available via apt and not even on incoming.debian.org?

This is so frustrating!
    Yes I would say so the only thing I can think of is there are other packages that it depends upon that are not fixed.

Member registered user
    This libxcursor bug was fixed supposedly almost two weeks ago. The package is not on incoming.debian.org, nor is it available yet through apt.

Version 1.0.2-2 is still the current version...

is there anything I can do?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast