(Background -- read on if you like)
Resulting from trying to re-partition a win 98 hard-drive, with PowerQuest -- to install a copy of Red Hat, the proccess screwed up and i was left with 'no' hard-drive -- lovely, NOT. PQ could offer no reasonable explaination, so it seemed i was stuck with trying to sort it myself --luckily it wasn't a pc that i desperatly needed to work; hense why risking a potentially hazardus linux install -- I didn't even get that far tho. Then i discovered Knoppix...

I had been trying to run a linux OS, but i've now got the impression that i might be able to fix my hard drive too! When i ran Knoppix from disk it was sweet; it picked up all my hardware, and even the TWO hard-disk partitions (previously one before the mishap) -- very nice. However i still like the idea of running a win 98 system, so would like to distroy the new partition so the hd is just a single FAT32 as it was before, i.e so i can install win98, then Knoppix afterwards.

prob --v

I'm familiar with the DOS shell but not with BASH. I've tried looking at the KDE, but it's all a bit foriegn at the mo. Could someone advise me how i can reformat or destroy this new partition (It is a linux file format, which is why i am thinking my win system doesn't 'see' it and won't boot, i.e it is before the main partition on the disk; i'll check how to install Knoppix later). Simple would be nice, thanks.