Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Requesting a nice person..

Requesting a nice person..

Ok, I was checking out these linux distros, and heard about Knoppix, i like the sound of Bootable.. lol, anywayz.. I tried as many mirrors as i could find for the english version of the iso.. but all of them timed out, altho im on dsl.. well my question is; does anyone have the iso that they can send me.. i have aim, i could go on an ftp if needed, or if you want to dcc in irc, im always in #foxywarez server: irc.xptech.org nick ^MinDFreeZ^... or i can go to your channel, if wanted.. but anywho.. i just want the download from a source that wont time out.. cuz this is driving me nuts.. you can contact me on aim (DjMinDFreeZ), or by email (plzkillmee@hotmail.com). thanks for anything that anyone can do. Bobby

Senior Member registered user
    You can download Knopppix w/ dial-up. If you're in the US use a US mirror. Don't download with a browser, get wget. It's open source, resumes downloads and it works on wimpdoze too. There are even windows help files to be had. All it takes is:

wget ftp://mirror.csit.fsu.edu/knoppix/KN...3-11-14-EN.iso

If you're download fails to complete go to another mirror and get the same file and use the -c option. It will resume where you left off.

Knoppix has gotten quite popular and the mirrors are frequently very busy. Perhaps trying during non-peak hours will help.

OOO man..

ok, well... i tried that thing.. didnt work for me, mainly bcuz i have no idea how to use it.. but anyways.. im not on dial up, im on dsl.. but the servers im downloading from are going slower than blah.. but anyways.. i just want someone to send me the iso image.. but thats ok if noone wants to.. im gonna go search on ircspy or packetnews.. thanks BOB

Re: OOO man..

Quote Originally Posted by MinDFreeZ
    ok, well... i tried that thing.. didnt work for me, mainly bcuz i have no idea how to use it.. but anyways.. im not on dial up, im on dsl.. but the servers im downloading from are going slower than blah.. but anyways.. i just want someone to send me the iso image.. but thats ok if noone wants to.. im gonna go search on ircspy or packetnews.. thanks BOB
    Having someone send you the image means either getting it in the mail (if you're okay giving your address to random people) or spending hours waiting for it to come off your email server or being annoyed because it doesn't support 650 MB attachments. See if anyone sells CD's--maybe you can support development of Knoppix too?

ha

haha, ok.. disregard that last post.. im back to hoping someone will send it to me.. i AM on high speed, have irc, and aim.. i searched irc, and noones serving it.. of course they arent.. why would they.. lol.. so PLeaSe help me out here... BOB

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTuttle
    Having someone send you the image means either getting it in the mail (if you're okay giving your address to random people) or spending hours waiting for it to come off your email server or being annoyed because it doesn't support 650 MB attachments. See if anyone sells CD's--maybe you can support development of Knoppix too?
    Ok u said the thing about mail.. well, ur right.. i cant recieve mail that big.. but if someone would send it in irc (DCC Send) it would be as fast as they can upload.. like one guy in my channel has his cable uncapped and i download from him at 230kbs.. so im sure, even if im getting 10kbs from someone, that i would at least get it done.. another one just timed out..lol,.. this is not cool..

Senior Member registered user

but anyways.. im not on dial up, im on dsl..
    I read that the first time you posted it. I'm simply making a point but I'll return to that momentarily.

but the servers im downloading from are going slower than blah.. but anyways..
    I also addressed this issue. Try another one- there are dozens. Thousands of others have done it successfully. I just did it not 1 hour ago.

i just want someone to send me the iso image..
    You want someone else to do it for you. That's how we got windows.

Here comes the sympathy plea........
    but thats ok if noone wants to.. im gonna go search on ircspy or packetnews.. thanks BOB
    By the time you get all that done you could have read the documentation and had it burned and booted already.

ok, well... i tried that thing.. didnt work for me, mainly bcuz i have no idea how to use it..
    You clicked it, it didn't run a GUI based installer so you think it doesn't work. It is quite obvious that you're not willing to do much of anything on your own. Including something as trivial as reading a windows help file. You are however perfectly content to let someone else do exactly what I have suggested you do; pay for the cd, the postage and take the time to burn it and put it in the mail for you. You recommend that people look for you on 'warez' channels! Do you honestly think anyone wants someone with your description to have their postal address?? Frankly I find you to be simply lazy and I have no idea how to assist someone with such an attitude. Good luck- don't get any spyare or bogus discs from those "high quality" sources.

Junior Member registered user
    well said rickenbacherus.

Quote Originally Posted by budhy
    Hahahaha, sorry it took me so long to reply... wow, that one dude up there, whatever ur name was, u actually took the time to do all that replying to me?¿.. that's retarded, yes i am lazy because i dont want to wait 4 days to get a cd.. or have it mailed and take a week,... so the only person that helped me on this lovely forum is budhy, thank you very much, with your post i found a mirror that worked great and am now downloading it at 75kbs.. instead of 3.. now that one guy up there must have no life to sit there and type all that.. anyways.. thats not my point.. the point was to say thanks to budhy.. and i actually have half a life to get back to, so enough of this, time is wasting, and time is money.

THaNKs Budhy

ps. that guy that said "well said" to the ass reaming dude, im glad to see such a short reply.. i wouldnt want to think that there are more losers out there willing to type an essay about why i am stupid. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast