I bought the book "Moving to Linux> Kiss the BSoD Goodbye!!" by Marcel Gagne. Along with it came a Knoppix CD. I started reading the book, anyway to make a long story short I'm writing this post in Mozilla from my roommates' PC which has Win "98 (while they unawaringly watch TV) and running a test print on an Epson 777 and listening to Lifehouse "Hanging by a Moment" on XMMS from "my documents" on the HDD. Opened a Word document in OpenOffice just to check it out. The only thing I had to manually adjust was the monitor refresh rate and Whamo!! here I am!!!!! I loaded it on my own machine a little while ago and the post is in the News section and again had so little difficulty with it. Simply put I'm blown away by Knoppix .....very, very cool . The scary part?? Is from Knoppix I can change, delete files that are on Win '98, absolutely no file protection or permissions in 98(FAT32)...so much for security, although I understand that's changed a little in XP(NTFS). What I want are a couple of things, first of all a distro that I can get back into using command lines and secondly a distro that I can take to my buddies to give them a taste of penguin!!! MMMM!! I also work with some single parent children (9-15) who can't afford a computer let alone Windows and also possibly get them interested in something. So I was looking for a way that I could do this and perhaps Knoppix just may be the ticket.