Dear friends,

I know, this question is quite common and lot of people looking for an answer/solution...
Very recently I installed knoppix 3.3 at one of my external USB hard Disk. All went fine BUT when I tried to boot I can see only one L at my screen and then my computer is not responded. (I have installed LILO at the HD MBR (external USB HD) and my BIOS support USB Booting).
Anyway I also tried the Boot floppy Disk but no success.
I know/think that this behaviour is because the floppy's initrd does not load the required modules for USB support (I think this should be done at linuxrc file inside miniroot.gz).

I am very sure that here, in this forum, there are many linux/guru , so I asking for help.
The question is : How can prepare a Linux boot floppy disk based on syslinux or lilo or grub (does n't matter) but with the propper linux kernel (same as 19.11.03 Knoppix 3.3) and the propper/modified initrd in order to load the required USB drivers and then to start/boot my HD installed knoppix (Debian)??? Is there any ready made disk to cover me??? If somebody try to help me, please give me detailed information. I was and I am linux newbie...

Am I asking defficult questions??? ... maybe, sorry.

P.S. I don't looking for a solution like "flonnix-USB" because in that case we have just booting the compressed file system (KNOPPIX file), in my case there is s normal debian style installation.

Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis