Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: For the love of god can someone do this

Member registered user
    Quote Originally Posted by sbkryan
    if any1 has somewhere i can place the iso then it will be good as i have nowhere 2 host it

Its called DebXPde and it is still in development but i can put the versions iso up for both xpde V0.4 and V0.5

DebXPde Development Team
    You should try to use Bit Torrent. There are a lot of tutorials and you won't suffer of bandwidth shortage.

Member registered user

It is already available

On PHLAK available at http://www.phlak.org/ Just boot with the desktop=sneaky option. It has been there for around 4 months I want to say, but I can't say a time for certain

Member registered user

Re: It is already available

Quote Originally Posted by zentu
    On PHLAK available at http://www.phlak.org/ Just boot with the desktop=sneaky option. It has been there for around 4 months I want to say, but I can't say a time for certain
    Well, I can't found the address? or is knopiixdotted?

Member registered user

Re: It is already available

Quote Originally Posted by mcaycedo
    Quote Originally Posted by zentu
    Well, I can't found the address? or is knopiixdotted?
    UMM... that is really agravating, the site seems to be down, I will have to see if I can contact the admins to see what is up, but I don't think that I have the addy anymore (I wrote it down to give them a thanks, but never got around to it. *so if you are reading Thanks.* Then I had to reinstall my system.) They sometimes go down when they are doing huge updates, like getting out a new version w/ new screenshots or the like, but I don't know.

fluxbox

That defies the point of switching to Linux/UNIX

Senior Member registered user
    Quote Originally Posted by mcaycedo
    I just see this thread, and being a fan of overclockix I want to ask to Arkaine what happens with the project to include XPde with overclockix?
    That plan is shelved just now. If anyone wants to pay me, I will be happy to dust it off.

$eriously though- I just moved acro$$ the country and have a crappy job and no internet connection. I'm getting married in a few month$, $o right now I'm just in a bad po$ition and not able to do much work on Overclockix.

If someone will figure out how to rescript the 45xsession and also fabianX's restartX script, I know I could add XPDE to Overclockix without too much effort.

The major problem as I see it is I'd have to gut a pretty large package- maybe gnome- in order to fit XPDE.

Also, the latest overclockix is based on Cebit, so I'd like to start over with the official 3.4 or even 3.5 release if I was going to do something like that.

Junior Member registered user
    Hello i am Michael West and BARNIX/DebXPde Developer,

are distro is based on the latest version of knoppix 3.4 and does include XPde as the defualt booting environment, our XPde is 0.5 which a twist we have been given a special release which nobody else can download which has a start menu included caled 0.5.2, if anybody could supply a place for us to upload an iso image of BARNIX/DebXPDE 0.4 we would gladly upload it for people to download it.

Are Distrobution is a Networking Tools based Distro also but only a few networking tools are avaible from the start menu.

are forum is based at http://www.barnix-forum.cjb.net

are website is www.westnold-developments.uk.tt but is currently down as are host is having problems although this temporary.

if anybody is interested please send an email to gmwest5(at)hotmail.com
    replace (at) with @.

The reason why implemented thhe XPde Environment is becuase we want to bring windows users over to using linux and we found this is the best way.

thanks,

hope somebody can help us.

Michael West
    BARNIX/DebXPde Developer
    Westnold Developments

Senior Member registered user
    Michael, I'd like to help you out. I'm quite interested in your project, as I also try to win over Windows users by simplifiying configuration tasks in my live CD's.

My servers have a pretty thick pipe and we usually can handle over 1000Gb per month. But every now and then we have to switch from direct downloads to bittorrent due to high demands. Lately this has not been a problem (only when distrowatch puts Overclockix on their frontpage).

thanks arkaine23,

i would be very grateful if you could help us, we would probably need space to have maybe three iso's up at a time one full release, one testing and maybe the previous full release, you servers certainly do have a good lot of bandwidht and i would let you switch my iso's over to a torrent if needed.

also i would host my site if possible as it sounds very reliable, as my last linux free host let me down, that is why are site isnt up at the moment.

well i hope to here from you soon arkaine23,

and i would appreciate any help

Michael West
    BARNIX/DebXPde Developer
    Westnold Developments

Michael, I also would be strongly interested in seeing the results of your effort; I gather from your other posts, and what little I could glean from your own forum that the goal is to make BARNIX/DebXPde resemble not only the appearance, but the behaviour of Windows XP as closely as possible.

I am rather new to KNOPPIX/Linux distributions in general, so I am unsure whether or not this particular request is feasible... but would it be possible to modify the structure so that user-added Windows executables and their respective INI/config files could simply be added to a subdirectory in the ISO, which would then behave similarly to "Program Files" on a true Win32 system? It seems the WINE config file could also be added to the root of this subdirectory, and perhaps also a modular config file to specify desktop/start menu/Quicklaunch shortcuts and their relative arrangement/structure.

For programs which reference registry entries on a Win32 system, perhaps it would even be possible to reference a mini-REG file from within such a subdirectory...?

Sincerely,
    - M.

Edit: After a little more reading I found this post by probono explaining that one can retain klik-installed apps by burning the persistent home directory to disc. That may also be a solution to the situation I described above - I'm not sure. Would this require creating a klik recipe for each Win32 app one wished to include, and then installing via klik? Or is there a simpler way? Can one simply install a Win32 application to the persistent home? And how does one set the persistent home directory to be referenced from within the same ISO as the live distro (... assuming one might build the system for a DVD+/-R)? Please forgive what are essentially "newbie" questions; my curiosity outweighs my experience with Linux systems.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast