Hey everybody!

Hey Dr....oh, sorry. Dunno where that came from. Anywho, on to my problem that someone will hopefully have a solution to.

First of all, here's a little bit about my computer:
Evil Compaq 5106cl
USB keyboard <-- the trouble spot
Optical USB mouse (which works quite well)
Factory BIOS (modified settings of course, and no, there aren't any updates. I check every so often and still haven't found squat.)
and blah blah blah

I've been trying to get Knoppix and Knoppix-STD working on my computer for a few months now. Ever since the 3.3-2003-11-14 release, the autodetect seems to hang after a while (that, and I get a message afterwards saying that "autodetect seems to be hanging. Please check your BIOS settings" or something of that nature.) I've checked the BIOS I don't know how many times and haven't come up with anything. Only thing I've noticed that would remotely have anything to do with this is the optiion to disable legacy USB keyboard support.

I've conversed with my *nix/mac loving friend and he's come up with about the same amount of squat. Any thoughts, help, machine guns to shot my computer with? Any and all help is/will be greatly appreciated. Sorry for any bad spelling. Spell check programs suck.

P.S. Knoppix and K-STD boot fine into their respective default desktop environments. Just no working keyboard, hence the title of this topic.