Thread: Knoppix.Net Forums (currently having problems??)

Senior Member registered user

Knoppix.Net Forums (currently having problems??)

I don't know if this is me, or if this is a (recent) problem that has arrose during the same time as I did something, but...

I had to gut my Knoppix v3.3 hdd install, just about three days ago, and ever since, I can't keep myself logged in to Knoppix.Net Forums anymore...

I used to have a "bookmark" saved in Mozilla for Knoppix.Net/forum/index.php - that was created "after" I already logged in, and everytime I used the bookmark, I was logged in, I could "bounce" in and out of topics, and other forums, and I was still logged in.

NOW, after re-installing Knoppix (this could be the problem, or it could be a coincidence with something else that has happened) - I have to go into the LOGIN for Knoppix.Net ALL THE TIME - I can't bookmark the login, if I go into a topic, when I come back out to the forum, I'm no longer logged in, if I post, when I come out of the post, I'm no longer logged in, you name it, I can't "stay" logged in to Knoppix.Net with my account here...

I have this site "open" for cookies, and also images, and even pop-ups -=- so I am saving whatever "should" be saved, just can't seem to keep myself logged into Knoppix.Net forums - which is a pain in the rump when I see a post that I want to contribute to, and have to LOGIN before I post, AGAIN and again...

One thing I have noticed, possibly a clue on why/how this is happening -=- I used to just have "http://knoppix.net/forum/index.php" on my web addy bar - now its kinda like that - except that a long string of "junk" is now added to the end of it - "&sid=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" - it used to "NOT" be there, and removing it, doesn't help matters. Like I said, this wasn't there before, when I appeared to be able to stay logged in here, and even be able to bookmark the login so that when I came back to the bookmark, I was still logged in - anyone have any ideas? Is this just a setting that I forgot in Mozilla, or Knoppix????

Thanks in advance,
    "can't stay logged in Cuddles"

You might have clicked "don't accept cookies from this site" when you visited it with konqueror.

2 things to try :

use www.knoppix.net instead of knoppix.net

try mozilla and see if that works. if it does try removing your konqueror settings ( in ~/.kde ) ie cookie preferences, and check out the cookie panel in the konqueor options.

Hey eadz,

Any chance of getting "most recent posts" to appear on the homepage again?

Eadz,

You solved it...

It wasn't konqueror, never used it since I re-installed, it was that durn "www." part that did it...

I evaporated my bookmarks, came into Knoppix.Net with the www. in front, went to the login, and then re-saved my bookmark on the forum index page -=- no more "funny" sid= stuff, and I am logged in...

Mucho thanks Eadz, you saved my sanity ( unfortunately, what little is left, wasn't much to save, but the thought counts [giggle] ) -=- Thanks again,
    Cuddles