This is the latest budget printer in NZ to replace the C42 and C41ux inkjet printers. However it doesn't have drivers in knoppix. I managed to get around this, and the below is for those who use this printer and want to get it working in Knoppix. I'm using Knoppix version 3.3 on a hdd install.

Open the KDE Control Center. Click on Peripherals, then Printers. Make sure CUPS is selected. Use the Add button to add a printer and follow through the wizard. Select Local Printer, then find it under USB printer #1, it should be listed as Epson Stylus C43. Click on that then next. You get to a Manufacturer Model window, so choose Epson Stylus C42UX and click next. Now comes the part I had fun with. Instead of using the recommended Epson Stylus C42UX (Foomatic + Gimp-print) use the Epson Stylus C42UX (Foomatic + gimp-print-ijs). Hit next then test. It should print out a testes page.

Sounds simple, but when you use the recommended driver - you won't beable to print. It will tell you everything is working, however nothing goes to the printer. I'm not sure if this works for any other USB printers, but I do know it will get the C43ux on the road.

Cheers
Angela