Thread: Klaus can make money with Palm editition

Klaus can make money with Palm editition

If Klaus would take out some of the development stuff and focus on Email , Office , Palm and even pocket PC he could make some money. A Knoppix-Palm cd with Jpluck and plucker, etc with a better Kpilot setup is usefull to millions.

I use the latest Palms with Knoppix ie a T3 , TE , Treo 90 most Sonys and they all have worked well with Knoppix. Being able to take a cd and usb dongle with you and boot from a strangers computer is big advantage for Knoppix. A lot of new sucess is Linux syncing windows Pocketpc's too.

Getting back to Palm there is a free script around the Linux world that lets you surf, etc by ppp in your cradle. Tie that into bluetooth or wifi and you have a very secure near perfect operating system for Palms that can go anywhere on any machine.

To be honest over the last 25 years I have used most Operating systems.
    Knoppix is as close to a near perfect operating system as it gets.
    From Daytona Beach Florida, I say Klaus is the best.
    One man by himself (Klaus) beats Microsoft , Mac , Red Hat , IBM , etc. all of them.

Klaus has worked wonders and brought respect back to the indivual developer, simply amazing. Just look at all the people and money behind Red Hat and SuSe.

Klaus is King. If it was not true I would not have spent time writting this.

Some day most of the internet will be down , the Knoppix users will be online. Sad, but it maybe a real truth as to how great Knoppix reall is.

God Bless, klaus
    But make some money for your masterpiece somehow.
    I'am amazed IBM , Corel or someone has not offered Klaus a boatload of money.
    This man has taken a operating systems to other levels that others are still dreaming of.

Nuff said,
    Thank you Klaus

Junior Member registered user
    Kudos for Knoppix! But remember.. there's a whole community of developers out there working on all the wonderful programs that make Knoppix great

As for palm synching.. I've got Docs To Go with my Tungsten E, and I'm wondering if there's any way to get the .doc files off the palm in Linux, so I can work with them in open office.

Senior Member registered user
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoHead

As for palm synching.. I've got Docs To Go with my Tungsten E, and I'm wondering if there's any way to get the .doc files off the palm in Linux, so I can work with them in open office.
    Kpilot will sync with palm's I do believe.

Yes the Linux world has done very well

You are correct sir, Yes the Linux world has done very well.

Klaus has done a fantastic job of bring it all together in ways that other operating systems dream of.

If the Palm community only would wake up and tune into Open Office in addition to Microsoft Office .
    Why do they not see the wisdom in such a relitively easy task ? After all the complications of conforming to Microsoft Office how difficult would it be to add Open Office or Kdesktop office.
    When will the Palm not the Linux developers wake up. The Linux world has reached the point to where the Palm world simply must take notice or die at the hand of Pocket PC's.

Linux ON Palm?!
    Or is it just syncing with Knoppix?
    Got a T|T, just wanted to know...

Re: Yes the Linux world has done very well

Palm syncs with Linux, I meant that if Docs to Go and the other Palm office vendors would include Open Office it would be great as Open Office runs on Windows and Linux and is free. There is so many posiblities in having a full blown Knoppix-Palm CD it is crazy not to start it. God I would be so happy if Knoppix just had Jpluck or Plucker. There is nothing anywhere in the PocketPC world that even comes close to Jpluck or Plucker. In a class by themselves as is Knoppix. Windows 2000 and XP were great for a couple of years but virus, trojans, and worms will soon cause tremendious problems for Windows and Pocketpc. Palm is very stable and leaves little mess on your hard drive. Linux and Palm or better Knoppix-Palm Mobile CD can rule for many years to come. I beg for Jpluck or Plucker in Knoppix. The advances in Palm with Linux the last few months are nothing short of ground breaking.

With simply adding Jpluck or Plucker so much can be done on hundreds of small websites for Linux/Knoppix/Palm

Go Linux/Knoppix/Palm open a new world with Jpluck or Plucker.

javascript:emoticon('')

javascript:emoticon('')

Quote Originally Posted by Eshnet.net
    You are correct sir, Yes the Linux world has done very well.

Klaus has done a fantastic job of bring it all together in ways that other operating systems dream of.

If the Palm community only would wake up and tune into Open Office in addition to Microsoft Office .
    Why do they not see the wisdom in such a relitively easy task ? After all the complications of conforming to Microsoft Office how difficult would it be to add Open Office or Kdesktop office.
    When will the Palm not the Linux developers wake up. The Linux world has reached the point to where the Palm world simply must take notice or die at the hand of Pocket PC's.

Personally, what I would love to see is a business card knoppix CD, which can easily store and retrieve config and/or persistent home from a Palm. That way you could stick the knoppix CD in with a Palm case. I highly doubt you'd be able to squeeze KDE onto a business card CD though, which is unfortunate.

I've already got a pretty good idea of how to go about doing it.. using txt2pdbdoc. I'll just have to do some messing around once I get some of that mythical "free time" people keep talking about.

Palmone would be very wise to give Klaus a new Tungsten T3 and ask him to toy with the idea on a Knoppix-Palm CD.

At the very least Palm could in include it with all new Palms as an alternate to windows , a portable sync CD that will work on any computer, an emergency Palm CD for sync, backup,restore,etc.

With Jpluck or Plucker you can grab documents or web pages from any location.

If you had a Knoppix-Palm CD , a usb dongle and a Palm you are good to go just about anywhere at a moments notice . :P