Hi,
1) I would prefer deleting Koffice (because OO is still more mature) and some games to get it in a CD. A DVD with more software would also be nice.
2) The new Knoppix should boot with kernel 2.6 as default, because hardware support is much better in 2.6. I have a relatively new notebook (2.2GHz Celeron, Acer 23x) where 2.4 hangs when booting into X. 2.6 boots without problems (under Danix).
3) PLEASE add the option compact to lilo.conf! Otherwise the loading of the kernel takes a VERY long time. If this option sometimes causes problems an additional menu option in lilo.conf can overgo this problem.
4) hdparm: I tested the recent Danix. Because Danix is a splitoff of Knoppix I think the problems under the newest Danix can also concern the newest Knoppix. Danix doesn't activate any optimications per default. This is bad, because a lot of performance is lost per default So optimal hdparm-Settings after boot/installation would be very nice. Especially for newbies.
5a) KDM: Don't forget to call fc-cache before mastering the CD! Otherwise KDM takes a VERY long time to start.
5b) KDM: This is maybe only a problem under Danix. But because Danix is a splitoff of Knoppix it may also concern the new Knoppix. After installation I cannot login as a normal user!!

I hope these suggestions help a little...