Yes, Cuddles, you see what I mean...very interesting stuff this is! I wonder if anyone has ever done a survey of what items cause the majority of problems in Knoppix as far as hardware. I see video cards, sound cards and winmodems being right up there. I guess they dont make an INTERNAL modem that is not a WINmodem. So a list of things NOT TO USE and a list of things TO USE would be good. Just so people have an idea what to get. I am planning on building a machine exclusivley for KNOPPIX pretty soon. I just want to avoid the problems that can be prevented. Now I see clearly why the installation instructions for Linux say to identify all your hardware!!!!! As far as winmodems, I am hoping I wont EVER have to use a modem again anyway! I have a cable internet and Knoppix works great on it. Modems are painfully too slow to even consider using. Except if that all you have. I think it would be cool if people here compiled a list of hardware that will work running Knoppix and a list, like you said of things to avoid. Unfortunatly mostly everything, hardware and software is geared towards Micro$oft. I also wonder if any of the REAL hardcore techies and nerds have thought of COMPLETELY REDESIGNING the whole concept of the PC for running Linux! Am I going to extremes? It is just very interesting to me. Just like most TV programs are based on the California lifestyle, most PC's are based on running Windows. Where are those computer engineers who like LINUX???? How about an OVERHAUL on the PC?