Hello! I must start saying i'm a complete newbie at Linux, in fact I'm rather a Win fan...till I found out about Knoppix...i tried it and decided to keep it on my HDD. Being newbie at linux i decided to keep WinXP also. I HDD installed Knoppix on a partion(6.5G -hda3) after i installed winXP on other partion(8.5G-hda1). The swap is on hda2. Everything went smooth and both systems work fine and I even started to learn linux ..after all with this Knoppix distro, Linux is not such a scary thing!

Now comes my problem! I use a laptop (Toshiba Satellite 1800-314) and my problem is when trying to restart/reboot the system from knx. The system shows me that it goes down, then appear "system is now rebooting" ...then everything goes black and so it remains till I manually power off the system and reopen it from the power switch. When I restart from Windows it goes fine but from knopix it doesn't want to restart. Using the same soft configuration i tried to install knoppinx on my desktop PC and there is no problem into restarting the system(but on that HDD is not at all windows installed...only knoppix)... Do you have any ideea?

And my second prob would be my modem...I have installed a PCMCIA card for LAN and a modem (it came with my original configuration of my laptop). There is no problem for detecting, configuring and working with my lan card but the system doesn't detect my modem (is a LUCENT)... is it because of the modem or because I don't have the proper driver or because knoppix can not work with my modem?

I use the Knoppix 3.1 01/20/2003 version.

Thank you!