I just read an entry on slashdot about how Fabian Franz has put together a free version of the NoMachine server. The slashdot description is as follows:

The first day of LinuxTag, Europe's biggest Free Software event (expecting 25,000 visitors) already has one big highlight. It seems that Fabian Franz from the Knoppix Project hacked up a 'FreeNX Server' based on NoMachine's NX technology (poor NoMachine might lose business now). Fabian Franz presented a first preview of the 'GPL Edition' in a live demo together with Kurt Pfeifle. The demo showed sessions going from Germany to Italy just based on a slow WLAN connectivity (shared with hundreds of visitors). A connection lost due to bad network conditions was easily re-connected to, and a deliberately suspended session was revitalized too -- it was just like 'screen' with a GUI! A report on the official LinuxTag webpage says FreeNX will be publically released for the first time as part of the upcoming Knoppix-3.6 release. The Kalyxo project is building and hosting Debian packages of FreeNX and NX/GPL for everyone to use."
I don't really know much about NoMachine. Has anyone here tried it out and if so, what are your impressions? It sounds like this will be a usefull tool as it is supposed to be much faster than vnc.

BTW, isn't the slashdot post is in error when it says that Fabian's FreeNX work will be released on Knoppix 3.6? As I understand it Knoppix 3.5 is being released at Linuxtag so I would think it would be included there. Have any of you who are at Linuxtag gotten a copy of the new release? Thoughts? Impressions?