I have been using Knoppix 3.3 for some time with an Epson C70 printer (actually a C70+, but I think the '+' was a marketing doodad). Of several drivers available at configuration, "Foomatic+gimp-print4.2.5" (I think) worked OK.

With changing to 3.6, everything went in OK, once I had figured out the differences with "knoppix-installer" over "knx-hdinstall", but I can no longer configure a driver for a C70 printer.

I get two possible drivers offered, "Foomatic+gimp-print" and "Foomatic+gimp-print-ijs".

The first only gives me a settings choice of "paper size" with a limited list of "A4", "Letter" & "Legal", defaulting to "Letter"; and nothing else. No colour/monochrome settings, no colour graduations, no DPI choices - zilch.

With the "ijs" extension, I get colour graduations settings, but no colour/monochrome or DPI choices, and a list of paper sizes that does not include any A (ISO) sizes or Letter or Legal, only a random selection of B(ISO), B(JIS) and Kagaki cards - also the paper size shows no default.

It's as if the driver settings have been randomly filtered for the drivers, and split between the driver setups.

Also, attempting to print the test page results in the text of the page instructions being printed, not the test page itself.

So how do I fix this?