Thread: No boot at all!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Junior Member registered user

No boot at all!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Well Force Bringers, I´m Lost, some month pass since I ´ve started trying to boot with knoppix 3.3 and still no results where achieved. Believe when I say that I have prove EVERITHING, nodma acpi=off ram=120 vga=normal desktop=wmaker noscsi, swiching some things in the bios, like disiable plug and play OS, able vga pallete snoop. I´m just tired and at this poit I really don´t know what to do.

The machine is a Slot-1 PIII-450, 128 Mb ram (8Mb shared video). The mobo is a PCChips 478LMRT. The modem get burn in a storm so it has an intel one.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

Senior Member registered user
    Does it boot anything? Is windows on the HD? Is linux on the HD? Is there a HD? Does it boot a Redhat/Mandrake/DamnSmall/Gentoo/Debian CD? Does it boot from floppy? You posted your cheatcodes & thye look good. What exactly happens when you boot? Any error messages? Blinking cursors?
    Please elaborate so we can help you.

James

Well, I will start the tale:

1- I´m a newie, i´ve never touch a Linux OS, but I can´t stand W$s anymore.
    2- I work with W$s mille edit. and it boots well in my HD (SAMSUNG 8 GB 5400 rpm), and it works well!
    3- I´ve tried many cheat codes: When I use vga=normal it apeard wmlinuz..... an thats all; when I try expert I can reach the scsi check (I tried expert noscsi and nothing change); At last when I try failsafe Appears WELCOME TO KNOPPIX LINUX!! and I see something like a promt (LIKE DOS C:\> you know) and gess what!!! NOTHING.
    3-I tried using screen=800x600 and can only reach the little penguin and a cursor and thats it.

When I start I use: knoppix vga=normal ram=120M screen=800x600 lang=es desktop=wmaker noscsi

I´m missing something??? I will not give up.

I know sooner or later it will work.

if you need some information please ASK!!!!!

THAK YOU (gracias amigo)

Axiomatico
    Argentina

Senior Member registered user
    Quote Originally Posted by Axiomatico
    Well, I will start the tale:

1- I´m a newie, i´ve never touch a Linux OS, but I can´t stand W$s anymore.
    2- I work with W$s mille edit. and it boots well in my HD (SAMSUNG 8 GB 5400 rpm), and it works well!
    3- I´ve tried many cheat codes: When I use vga=normal it apeard wmlinuz..... an thats all; when I try expert I can reach the scsi check (I tried expert noscsi and nothing change); At last when I try failsafe Appears WELCOME TO KNOPPIX LINUX!! and I see something like a promt (LIKE DOS C:\> you know) and gess what!!! NOTHING.
    3-I tried using screen=800x600 and can only reach the little penguin and a cursor and thats it.

When I start I use: knoppix vga=normal ram=120M screen=800x600 lang=es desktop=wmaker noscsi

I´m missing something??? I will not give up.

I know sooner or later it will work.

if you need some information please ASK!!!!!

THAK YOU (gracias amigo)

Axiomatico
    Argentina
    Unless your use the 2.6 kernel, don't use noscsi. 2.4 (the defualt boot) requres scsi enumlation to access the cd-roms.

Also, try adding testcd to you list of cheatcodes.

I´ll try testcd, but it seems to be the same because i´ve tried the cd in others computers and it wors OK

Thanks anyway, your the best!

does anyone know if getting a new version o KNOPPIX it would work? Cuold it be a problem with an old kernel????

Please it is important to me to use the program, it is the third time I post the problem, IS THERE A LINUX MASTER IN THIS WORLD WHO CAN HELP ME??