i start knoppix without any problems. when i run the lin neigborhood i put the ip of the machine and it finds it. then i browse the machine and i can see my shares

wehn i right click the share and select mount i put my username and password on the spaces provided and click ok. and i get the message [Can't resolve machine] and they do not mount. i used to do this with windows 2000 server but the new 2003 server this problems started. the dns service is running fine.

i even tried to mount shares on my desktop instead of teh server and i get teh same [can't resolve machine] message.

i tried to do it in teh command line by creating a shared folder in the [mnt] directory and runnign the mount comand. it does the command without errors but the folder dissapears from the [mnt] directory. when i go back to the command line and do a ls, the folders show up with a message saying [access denied]

what is going on? i need to copy recovery data to my server since is roomier than a zip drive or a cd. help thanks