Thread: Anybody Good At Finding Clothes?

Senior Member registered user

Anybody Good At Finding Clothes?

There's this jacket style that I find nifty... I GIMP'd it out of a picture with more junk in it....hence the splitness....but you get the idea...anyway....i'm grooving on that jacket style...and i'm wondering where i can get one...With the sleeve pocket and collar like that. I'm pretty sure it's leather....Unless there's some other rugged material that black jackets are made out of...anyway. thanks in advance. ^_^

Kowood,

Best answers I can come up with:

If the "style" isnt a "current" fad type thing, try "Second Hand" stores.
    If you have a Berlington Coat Factory, or Distribution Center, near you, try them.

"last ditch" effort, try the web search engines, but, be prepared to go through "hoards" or false alarm sites... Search for something like [ "clothes" / "jackets" ] "leather" [ and if you have a name of the style, enter that as well ] -=- ( dont enter the [brackets] they are just for clarity here ) hopefully, you can "knock down" a lot of your false alarms, if you can get more detailed search words into it...

Another thought... Try a few of the "biker" stores, clothing, or outfitters, they tend to have a lot of "leather" clothing, due to the fact that "leather" saves the "less tolerant" parts of the body; arms, legs, neck, flesh of the body, from becoming road rash, or "road pizza", in the off chance you down your bike on highways...

Hope this helps,
    Ms. Cuddles

i'm wondering where i can get one
    Try the Salvation Army, Goodwill, or some of the other thrift stores. There was a Vietnam Veterans dedicated thrift store in St. Petersburg Florida that had quite a bit of leather apparel for sale at reasonable cost when I was there last.

Sorry, but I can't see the image you included in your post. It is not available to be displayed for some reason. I'm just going by what description you have given.

I heard of a company near the Quantico VA Marine Corps base that can get or custom make one for you in any color and many choices of materials. Kevlar might even be an option and I think they come in Black, most often. I have a Custom leather jacket that came from there, but I did not purchase it myself since it was a gift. I don't recall the name of the shop offhand. You can look for them by the Yellow Pages. They sell military clothing and items and are located close to the military base.

I get most of mine from various Law Enforcement supply outfits over the years. They have some of the most rugged ones and the designs vary widely. Look for one that is used by the MC HWY Patrol units. Where you look may have some influence. Looking for a heavy jacket in southern Florida might not work, but going a little further north might present something else.

Military surplus outfits can sometimes produce them. There are many from foreign countries that are well made and might fit your description.

For a "Biker" style jacket, there are many brands available, but the Harley Davidson clothing line has a good selection. If you don't see one that you like, try to search for a previous year's design since they change styles rather often. A quick google or ebay search can bring up images and information for you.

Good Luck!

>>Anybody Good At Finding Clothes?<< um... me finding clothes... hahaha... i cant find me school clothes in the morning, like the other day, they were under me school bag... nearly missed the bus... (something which happened to me today)...

but if all fails... you can always raid aunts or uncles old clothing cupboards, you never know what you'll find...

My other ideas started with buying a cow and sort of doing it yourself. Just wouldn't know what to do with, or where to put the rest of the cow when I was done. Besides, not too many cows are all black, so the color might not be right either. Doubt the Cow would like it anyway. It was just a thought, for about a millisecond.

ckamin,

Hmmm, first off, I had to stop laughing so hard, I couldn't see the screen...

Secondly, it brings to mind, a nice side-job though...

Do It Yourself Leather Outfiters

Get a good slogan, like, You pay, you make, we supply the COW...

( possibly, provide a "back business", like, and we provide the meat, cut to your specification... )

Something like this, maybe: You want anything leather? We not only provide the LEATHER, but, you get the rest, stock up your freezer at the same time... Go out to get a jacket, or shoes, or a belt, and come home with not only that, but, a years supply of beef !

j/k ( but, come to think of it, it might work in Beverly Hills )
    Ms. Cuddles

Ms. Cuddles,

What would you say if I told you I was actually serious?

I might be good at the ad campaign for that do-it-yourself cow thing. I helped Uncle Guido with his ads for his collection agency. We came up with the name "Dial-a-Gorilla" and a slogan like "We won't cost you an arm and a leg, just a kneecap or two". We got the phone number, 1-800-GORILLA.

Could use something like the "Boston Market" restaurant's newest commercials. They have a woman sitting down eating a steak with gusto. The song in the background goes: Eat Steak, Eat Steak, Eat a big old Steak........... You could use something like that song, just need to change it a little so you don't get sued. Just change "Steak" to "Cow" and then you are in business.

You could do something along the lines of those Happy California Cow commercials. Two skinless cows standing next to each other looking at the guy wearing a coat made out of their hides. One cow would say to the other: "That Guy REALLY gets under my skin!".

Unfortunately, it would contribute to the Mad Cow problem. Just think of how many Mad Cows there would be after you took their hides from them.

I wonder if you could genetically engineer a cow that regrows it's skin. Cross it with a snake or something that sheds it once in a while. Maybe not, they would look rather strange if you thought about it.

It would give all those PETA folks something to do. They could do a campaign without putting up images of black people that have been horribly treated, next to images of animals that have been crippled, mutilated, and treated with insane cruelty also. Unlike those PETA people, I eat animals and wear their skin and fur. I can't say the same about any human of any race or creed. I just don't seem to have the taste for it. When will those PETA fanatics figure out that Plants are ALIVE also and they have FEELINGS too! The problem would be solved when they all just gave up eating anything that was alive! I wonder how long someone could survive on water, tin cans, and plasic bottles and bags. I'm hoping it's just not too long.

Secondly, it brings to mind, a nice side-job though...
    You mean I shouldn't give up the day-job yet?

j/k ( but, come to think of it, it might work in Beverly Hills )
    ANYTHING could work in Beverly Hills! Those people are a "few sandwiches short of a picnic" and wouldn't know a bad idea if they were married to it once! (or twice, they lose track you know!)

Do you know anything about raising alligators? I just had another idea, but just for another millisecond! This one sounds a little more dangerous though.......