I am using the rpm version for Linux supplied by the BitTorrent page. It is version 4.0.4-1. I had to get yum to update it so it would work. The GUI did not initially install. I found an interesting post in the SMC forum of BroadBandReports "www.broadbandreports.com" which gave a link showing how to make sure the iptables were properly set up to allow BitTorrent to use the ports 6881-6999. I am going to make sure I set this up for the next download. I can't wait for Knoppix 4.0.3 <grin>. My DVD is running beautifully. I had intended to use it for my laptop which has a DVD drive, but it is an ancient drive and can't initialize the DVD+R disc, but can definitely play DVD-ROM movies.

Slowly, but "surely" I am finding out how to do this. I do remember seeing speeds of 149KB/s when WindowsXP home was doing a BitTorrent download. The ports were defined similarly and the ZoneAlarm was set to allow the BitTorrent gui to work. I'm thinking that either my router's NAT or the iptables under Linux are possibly getting in the way.

Last I checked on my seeding progress I had uploaded 2.1GB. By some time tomorrow I will have sent out as much as I have received.