Quote Originally Posted by bokaroseani
It looks like in the long run I will eventually have to install Knoppix on the hard disk to be able to use extensions with Firefox. right?
I agree with rwcitek. There are problems that are known to occur when you try to "install Knoppix". Knoppix is intended as a live CD or DVD. It's a great way to get an introduction to Linux without having to install anything. And it's a handy tool to have available for trying on a new system, for file recovery, hardware testing, and for a few other handy uses. But it's not the best Linux for installing to hard disk; that's just not what it is intended to be. While some people do "install" it to hard disk, I would suggest that if you decide you like Knoppix and want it or something like it installed to your hard disk, that you install Debian. Debian is a Linux distribution intended for install on hard disk and is the distro that Knoppix is based on. All of the software packages included in Knoppix (and plenty more) can be freely downloaded and installed into a Debian system. At least before you fight with a Knoppix "install", try installing Debian and see if it doesn't make it simpler to do it that way.