Thread: boot-up with myconfig=scan does not find network settings

boot-up with myconfig=scan does not find network settings

Every time I boot (cheat codes knoppix nodma, myconfig=scan) I have to run (from the Knoppix penguin) network services, Wavelan configuration, Wireless Lan, and then, finally, Network card configuration. Is there some way I can save this information to my existing HDA1so that I do not have to perfrom this sequence each and every time?

Many thanks

Member registered user
    This may be just too obvious, but: every time you make any changes to your configuration you have to create a new myconfig file after the change - myconfig is not persistent. Also, when you create the mycofig file, it presents you with like five options of stuff to save, make sure the "Network settings" is on.

Many thanks for the 'obvious' .... but I have tried saving my current configuration --- all choices (specified /media/hda1), but still no luck. Each time I boot I have to go thru the process again to get my wireless connection to the internet.

Member registered user
    havent tested it but there is some info of this subject at the bottom of bugs 5.01

30) Knoppix 5.1.1's knoppix-autoconfig script has an error with regard to "default" myconfig.
    In the case where knoppix has been remastered with knoppix.sh and configs.tbz in the
    CD root (/) the test for knoppix.sh is wrong. Line 1310 should be changed from:
    MYCONFIG="$(ls -1d /cdrom/KNOPPIX/[Kk][Nn][Oo][Pp][Pp][Ii][Xx].[Ss][Hh] 2>/dev/null)"
    To:
    MYCONFIG="$(ls -1d /KNOPPIX/[Kk][Nn][Oo][Pp][Pp][Ii][Xx].[Ss][Hh] 2>/dev/null)"
    This will allow a default myconfig (e.g. if the myconfig= argument is not given) to detect the presence
    of the knoppix.sh script.
    -- Hanumant

31) Knoppix 5.1.1's knoppix-autoconfig script has an omission with regard to setting the timezone.
    The script set /etc/local time around line 557. It should also update the file /etc/timezone:
    rm -f /etc/timezone
    echo "$TZ" > /etc/timezone

I'd like to try the MYCONFIG="$(ls -1d /KNOPPIX/[Kk][Nn][Oo][Pp][Pp][Ii][Xx].[Ss][Hh] 2>/dev/null)" but I am not sure I could accurately type that information in. Is there a way I can reference that from a file or something like that?