I have resently installed knoppix to hard drive and found the following differences from a CD based. I hope somebody will guide me as to make my installation function similar to that of a cd based.

1. I want to have icons for my hd partions displayed on the desktop which are the same as the cd version. What I mean is that by right clicking on these icons I am able to mount,changed to read right or open the partitions.

2.On the cd version I can mount partitions by simply "mount /devhda5". On my hard disk install I have to "mount -t vfat /dev/hda5 /mnt/hda5" .What is the reason for this?

3. Kpackage is not working properly. I wanted to uninstall packages using kpackage but I get a "file does not exist"error. I can unistall in root console mode though using dpkg -P .(obviously,this does not work in a cd based)

4. The refresh rate will not change whatever settings I set in the xserver in the hd installation. It always goes back to 60hz. I can change it in the cd version by including it in boot script (xvrefresh=75).

5. A hd install seems to run slower than a cd based.

Otherwise I consider knoppix to be my preferred distro.It is the only one that would recognize my winmodem. I have tried slackware,dragon,mandrake,morphix and suse live eval and was not able to use my modem in all of them. Also knoppix has the most active and dedicated forum.
I just hope it would stay this way!
thanks!