Hey, my sister's a college student and somehow her Windows got destroyed on her laptop. It says Windows can't start because Windows/System32/Windows (or whatever it is but it looks like the main system to me) is missing or corrupted and it wants her repair disk which she can't find or I would have reinstalled it. So she decides she wants a whole new laptop and gave hers to me. Even if I could fix it she said I could keep it. I remembered playing with a Knoppix CD a friend sent me a few years ago (when my WinME was blue screening every few days) I don't know much, just enough to get Knoppix working on a PC, which I've already done and it works great, I got 6.4.4 DVD, and her Laptop is a Dell Insprion I believe? Anyway, it seems to be all good, I just don't know how to wipe/clean the drive, and I've read that it's not a good idea to put Knoppix on the HDD, but I'm a bit confused by all the different ways to get Debian. I just grabbed the ISO, checked the checksum and burnt it and had zero problems. Is Debian that easy to do? And can I do this without using the commands? Thanks for any help.