I've been trying to follow these instructions: linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-distributions-5/resetting-windows-passwords-with-knoppix-325064/

I CANNOT figure out how to use Knoppix! can someone help? I am completely new to any Linux based stuff.
I managed to extract the chntpw program (but only because I gave up with the command line stuff and uploaded it to cloudconvert in order to convert it that way). And now I'm trying to mount drives and stuff. TOTALLY LOST. I am supposed to use something called Captive-ntfs, but I can't find it! When I click on the little symbol that is in the place of what the Windows Start Menu would normally be, I go to "Knoppix" and then there is no "Utilities". I can't find captive-ntfs. And I can't figure out how to search for programs on Knoppix either.

The other thing I figured out is that my partition is at /dev/sda1 ...whatever that means! So I've just been fiddling with commands. Totally lost.

Please... someone help... please put step by step instructions for a noob. I've accidentally locked myself out of my computer (long story).