Thread: Dual Boot question....

Threaded View

Dual Boot question....

OK, I have been running Knoppix on a HD for about a year I guess, the program is 7.0.5, and I have been having some issues with it and Wanted to upgrade to 7.2 after I got all of the files from the old system.

The problem is that when I installed the new program I expected the installer to ask if I wanted a dual boot grub or at least create a second boot option in the existing grub, but that didn't happen, and after getting the installation done I was unable to boot the new installation.

I thought that I could maybe use the linux boot repair to change the program to a dual boot, and boot both of them from it, but, it just created the grub anew and now I can only boot the new program and not the old one.

What do I have to do to get both of these programs to boot from the grub, so I can transfer files and get information on what programming I need install from the old program until I have it all rebuilt in the new program. I have tried finding the files from Iceweasel for the favorites folder, and they just don't seem to be anywhere I can retrieve them, and no access to the menus to see what programming I need to install so I have to be able to access both to transfer everything over. How do I link the grub to both?
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 04-08-2014 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Little reformat by mod

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Fortinet FortiGate-40C Network Security Firewall picture

Fortinet FortiGate-40C Network Security Firewall

$37.50

Cisco ASA 5520 Adaptive Security Appliance picture

Cisco ASA 5520 Adaptive Security Appliance

$42.56

Cisco ASA5525-K9 ASA 5525-X Security/Firewall Appliance 1 Year Warranty picture

Cisco ASA5525-K9 ASA 5525-X Security/Firewall Appliance 1 Year Warranty

$138.00

Zyxel ZyWALL USG50 Unified Security Gateway Firewall picture

Zyxel ZyWALL USG50 Unified Security Gateway Firewall

$35.00

SonicWall TZ300 Power Supply Wired Firewall Router Network Security Appliance  picture

SonicWall TZ300 Power Supply Wired Firewall Router Network Security Appliance

$14.50

Fortinet Fortiwifi 60D FG-60D Security Appliance Firewall / VPN w/ AC Adapter picture

Fortinet Fortiwifi 60D FG-60D Security Appliance Firewall / VPN w/ AC Adapter

$34.97

OPNsense six-port Gigabit router/firewall on Lanner FW-7535 hardware picture

OPNsense six-port Gigabit router/firewall on Lanner FW-7535 hardware

$69.00

PFSense F80 Firewall | Atom C2358 CPU | 4 Gigabit Ports | 2GB RAM | FANLESS picture

PFSense F80 Firewall | Atom C2358 CPU | 4 Gigabit Ports | 2GB RAM | FANLESS

$75.00

Fortinet Fortigate 30E FG-30E Network Security Firewall Gateway 4 port picture

Fortinet Fortigate 30E FG-30E Network Security Firewall Gateway 4 port

$49.99

FORTINET FG-500D FortiGate 500D, 10xGE RJ45 ports, 8xGE SFP slots Firewall picture

FORTINET FG-500D FortiGate 500D, 10xGE RJ45 ports, 8xGE SFP slots Firewall

$126.00