Hey

Am in a desert (Saudi Arbaia) for 3 months and using my work laptop and my trusty knoppix pendrive.

This morning I switched it on to download GoT, and like a royal plonker forgot to plug the laptop in, so coming back from work I realised I had most likely trashed my pendrive.

NOW, when I try to boot I get this:

mount: mounting unionfs on /UNIONFS failed: No Space left on device
/init: exec: line 1022: /sbin/init: not found

I KNOW the 'no space left on device' is NOT to do with downloading GoT, as I had on a previous occasion accidentally knocked the pendrive out, and had the same error occur. That time, after throwing my rattles out the pram I begrudgingly made a new pen drive, this time in a desert I DONT have that option.

I have looked at another post somewhere, where the advice was as follows:
a) Boot KNOPPIX CD, first run dosfsck or fsck.vfat and so on on the VFAT partition to check for possible VFAT corruption
b) Boot from KNOPPIX CD, manually cloop-mount the flash KNOPPIX compressed image, to see if that is possible to see the problem this way.
c) Boot from KNOPPIX CD, e2fsck on knoppix-data.img to check for corruption and possible loop mount it manually and check for corruption.

Being a mere mortal, I dont understand this or know how to do this and the post I read didnt provide any direction on how to do this.

Is there anyone out there who can help me please? Can I recover my pendrive? I'm not stupid but I do need a numpty's guide!!

Much obliged if you read this far!

pastaman

(p.s. think its version 7.05 I am using)