Quote Originally Posted by dvessey
so how did you end up mounting the main module? just as /usr or chroot'ing, or some other way?

I'll download it and mess around as soon as I have access to a high speed connection
Ended up that chrooting was the way to go. I'm just busy getting XFree86 to work nicely in a Lightweight GUI module (KnopNL-like), got it all working except for some links in /var (she's a tough one

Trying to attempt that modulemakers don't have to worry about the way Base mounts/links/binds it's directories, but it's all a compromise between throwing everything on a ramdisk and having it all readonly

BTW, uploading KnopNL/Base to ibiblio (that other post put me on the idea, d'oh, could have thought about that earlier). I'll upload Morphix to ibiblio (hopefully somewhere in the weekends) together with some MainModules (examples, startingpoints, smallest comes at around 25megs) and compress/decompress-patched apps. Should be everything to make a modulemaker happy

Note: havn't started on MiniModules or a MainModule Chooser yet. Progress is coming, but slowly :P