Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: klik: point-and-klik software store for Knoppix

Senior Member registered user

Support for other browsers ...

Hi,

instead of displaying "Only for Konqueror" make other browsers work and please use Xdialog instead of kdialog (as its KDE bloat and not compatible):

So heres how:

Create some script, which gives for mozilla & co the following:

<?
    header("Content-Type: application/klik\n\n");
    echo $_GET["run"];
    ?>

Display klik links like:

<a href=http://studwww.ira.uka.de/~s_franz2/klik/index.php?run=BibEdit>klik here to install BibEdit into your Knoppix 3.3 home directory</a>

Let user choose for this mimetype (better: do it automatically for mozilla, firebird, opera) ~/.klik2 with following:

#!/bin/bash

cat $1 | ~/.klik

Check for possible security flaws!!! (Also for konqueror! Perhaps use perl with -T ?)

Users kliks on link and it works with:

- asking him to choose an application (if he ckecks (or you) check box that it should always work this with that application it just works)

- Or directly works (after setup)

So thats my contribution.

You've won

Yours is not only user-friendly but also slick ...

What about making my live-installer be integrated into the klik-environment (Setting a certain cookie if installed) and then making that software also available ...

Or just making the live-installer available

cu

Fabian

Re: klik recipe

Quote Originally Posted by Vick
    Yes i see whats the point... but please i whant to know whats in the file! hum? lets say RealPlayer... so i can enderstand what it dose and then i can know how i can help you.
    I have posted a sample recipe along with comments on http://klik.berlios.de/architecture/recipe.php

Re: Support for other browsers ...

Fabian, I have some reasons why I made *K*li*K* a *K* thing. For one, kdialog gets some really powerful new features soon (file and directory browsing,...). Second, the beauty of a link like klik:/BibEdit is that it is *really* easy to remember (and type - no need to go to the klik store page if you know what you want). Unlike (sorry to use your example, but it shows where this would lead to...) http://studwww.ira.uka.de/~s_franz2/...hp?run=BibEdit

That's why I prefer the KDEized solution as it is now. But as always, discussion is open

HOME

Ok so Im home, it works and its fantastic....

Re: Support for other browsers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fabianx
    Check for possible security flaws!!! (Also for konqueror! Perhaps use perl with -T ?)
    Yes, I am security-minded, too. The security check would have to go into the KDE klik protocol handler file. Can you help me on this please? I'm not such a unix guru that I could foresee most potential cracker attacks...

Btw, it's not about "winning". It's about user experience I know that you are the better coder (see Knoppix on Mac) - but I believe I think more from an end-user's perspective. Hope you accept this from me.

Re: HOME

Quote Originally Posted by gowator
    Ok so Im home, it works and its fantastic....
    Nice to hear it is turning out to work so well already at its first day of existence

Quote Originally Posted by probono
    Yes i see whats the point... but please i whant to know whats in the file! hum? lets say RealPlayer... so i can enderstand what it dose and then i can know how i can help you.
    I have posted a sample recipe along with comments on http://klik.berlios.de/architecture/recipe.php
    Ok, it looks pretty straightforward and well commented. When I get the time, (which may take a little while right now), I look forward to trying to cook up some of my own recipes.

Junior Member registered user

reproduce

can you please tell me how can i reproduce this locally at home to test this out?
    need speical server script?
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by aay
    Ok, it looks pretty straightforward and well commented. When I get the time, (which may take a little while right now), I look forward to trying to cook up some of my own recipes.
    ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/opera...qt_en_i386.deb would be a good candidate to start with. I am pretty sure it can be made run fairly easily (actually it does run here... but M2 and plugins are not woking yet due to various path variables not properly set). Here the challenge is to write a working wrapper, because the variables it expects are a mess. Use the shell script /usr/bin/opera from the deb as a starting point for your wrapper.

Re: reproduce

can you please tell me how can i reproduce this locally at home to test this out?
    need speical server script?
    thank you
    Actually, you don't need any server stuff to test a recipe at home. Just start with the sample recipe at http://klik.berlios.de/architecture/recipe.php. If you create a recipe file as it is described there (without server-side includes, of course) then you can run make it executable and run it from a shell. It should do all its magic locally as well!

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast