I understand that the basic problem with a live-CD based linux is that its slow. So i reciently got myself a 1GB memory key(or jump drive, or memory stick) and i wish to use it for all thinks Knoppix. as a roaming geek who deals mainly with messed up winXP, i just cant go all the way to install linux on my desktop, and I am to scared to try and to the whole Grub dual-boot thing. i use this comptuter almost constantly, and i can not afford any reinstalling of windows.

So i thought that i could just put the ~700 meg iso image on the stick, and allow Knoppix to boot directly from there. I know that it is possible to boot from a USB memory key, as i have a 8 meg key for booting into DOS. Is it possible to make the whole thing boot from the key? Including the "Persistant Home" file? I dont want to go through redoing the wireless settings on all these desktops (32 dells of exactly the same setup).

Is that possible? If i have missed a how-to about this, please point me to it with as little flaming as possible.

Thanks,
Mike

Edit: i should point out that i dont want to burn the ISO to the cd before i start. can i just extract the content from the ISO and copy it directly to the freshly FAT formatted memory key? I know about "http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=64999#64999", but that requires a user to be in linux to begin with. And i am not. I dont have a cd burner nearby, and i will have to wait to go to somewhere else to burn.