I've got my knoppix remastered. I now call it psycloptix. I've made the image to boot, start apache web server, added kiosk module to firefox which opens the splash page and redirects to the apache server running from the disk. So firefox opens index.html from cdrom directory in full screen. My thought behind it was to use as content delivery for a show case booth, i.e. a home show at some event. Could be customized content to show on a big screen monitor, and still have use of the mouse and keyboard for that matter in case there was a form to fill out just click on a link. I also got rid of the sound files for start up and shut down. I now have a greeting message which is read out loud be festival before the splash screen shows.

Visit http://www.xtux.com/hello.cgi the iso will be up shortly. Pics not done, but soon, and the index.cgi will be in place when I have finalized the page.

I want to change the f2 and f3 files mine are in German. I've installed bvi in my iso and edited other files with it. Has anyone had any sucess with recompiling the f2 f3 files all together. I want it to be changed completely to psycloptix rather then knoppix eventually. Any input greatly appreciated.

*Note if you do want to burn the iso image, don't try it in windows. Even with Alcohol I couldn't. It took so long for me to do this. I've been through hell and back with a sony ilink external dvd burner and an upgrade to SuSE 10.1 and finally went and got an internal burner that would get recognized correctly without giving up it lun half way through a burn.

I will burn dvd's at the typical cost of $15/per and have a paypal link on the site for that and if anyone who gets use of it to please leave a donation. This has taken up endless nights with coffee. I need some starbucks.

Thanks I'll finish up the site hopefully tonight, the iso at this rate should be online at the link by about 4:30 pm est

Happy hacking