I have the instructions I just printed on Friday and the LiveCD 6.2.1 I downloaded on Friday also. I booted up, waiting for the GUI start page. All I see is a text menu. I pressed <CTRL><ALT><F2> and nothing happened. I had a working Debian system, so I know there is no problem and the machine is barely a year old.
I looked around the menus and found a disk formatter/installer choice, it sat for about 15 seconds and came back with "NO USABLE DRIVES FOUND". Now the odd thing is I found was an item on a menu about "Devices on your system". I selected that and everything USB, SCSI came up on the screen.
I believe there is a problem. I keep looking through the install manual and the program and it is looking for all hard drives as /dev/hdx, not /dev/sdx. I have no way of changing that and it's not an option in the BIOS.
I did find a SHELL option and tried with cfdisk to delete and existing disk and lay it out exactly as the instructions. I then went back to installation and "NO USABLE DRIVES FOUND". I gave up.