hi all,
my knoppix hd-install sports some minor flaws which I find nevertheless disappointing:

1) I already have some OS's installed and am using my "traditional" boot manager (chos BTW)
for knoppix also. I set the kernel parameter vga=extended to all linux flavours I'm booting (one suse, one redhat, one mandrake BTW, all for various testing purposes)
for knoppix this works fine at the beginning, but immediately after the message about "configuring the network devices etc", the vga mode suddenly falls back to "normal". I did find one single (!) posting somewhere (after extensive googling) on that topic, but it wasn't solved there...

2) when giving a "halt" command (or triggering system halt in kdm) my machine goes into reboot after the last message ("flushing ide devices" or something the like) appeared.
works fine for all other linux-flavours I'm running.

3) in kde, I added an "external taskbar" (similar to the top-of-screen-taskbar in kde1) to the top of the screen (panel context manu->add->extensions->external taskbar) which works fine at first - but it is lost on every new login. a "KasBar" or "child panel" with a kde2-style taskbar (2 lines), on the other hand, works just fine... but I'm quite used to a "one line taskbar" which I find more usable.

any ideas? none of these is critical, the rest of the system works fine.
thanks in advance & greetings 2 all