First thing, if I can get my WinModem working in Knoppix, I am going for the "full-blown" HD Install of Knoppix, on my old system -=- until I get the new system, which will get Knoppix HD Installed for sure.

QUESTION:
If you have two physical hard drives, a C: and a D: - one of the drives has Win98 installed on it, the other, can Knoppix be HD Installed on, and use the BIOS to switch between First HD Boot / Secondary HD Boot ?

Currently, I have this configuration running with Dual-Win98 hard drives, and I "clone" the live HD to the other one, as a form of backup. If, God forbid, a hard drive crash, I simply point my BIOS to the other hard drive, and I am able to boot the backup drive. Will this scheme work also in Debian/Knoppix? (assuming that BOTH hard drives are running the same OS)

I am sure my question is a simple one, and probably been answered somewhere, but, I don't want to trash my only working system, and I also want some reasurance that my thinking is "actually" going to work, BEFORE I screw things up.

Thanks to anyone, in advance,
Cuddles