I just collected nine out of the top ten distros in distrowatch and I can't seem to find the right distro for me. i just want a distro with a decent support for my winmodem, development apps, nice screensaver/wallpaper and some games... and full support to NTFS! it's hard to forget about windows, buy new hardware, work for a day coding a personalized linux kernel and keep on going to google/other search engines/forums just to make linux behave like a good ole operating system. do linux-converts like me have to be punished this bad just because we had M$ windows before and having M$ windows compatible hardware? i know it's hard to develop linux and all its components, but i think that it would be hard to convince people to try linux. i know having the latest DSL/wireless technology on my PC would be a great plus for linux, however, what about your average-wage earners who have other mouths to fill besides their PCs and can only afford an NTFS system with a winmodem? I want to go into linux, i love inside the environment, but without internet, my system is as good as a shareware OS with limited capabilities. i just wish that i'd wake up one day linux would work hand-in-hand with hardware manufacturers so that their hardware would not be too biased towards a particular OS.
sorry mods if you find this post disturbing...
if this post doesn't make sense at all, just delete this without notifying me...

p.s.
yes, other linux systems(***X,****S) have support for winmodems, but it would require an INTERNET CONNECTION while inside the same OS!