Under the hood:
* PCA Assy No 250407 rev B; NTSC w/ 8pin video port
* Heatsinks added to key components for improved cooling: VIC, SID, PLA, and MPU
*Pics taken prior to heatsink installation to document revision information
*Thermal tape used to hold heatsinks tightly in place, yet removeable if needed
* Top side cardboard and VIC shields removed for improved airflow, bottom metal RF shield/pan is clean and in place.
* All socketed parts removed, detox-it'd, and re-placed
* All vintage era chips throughout (see pics)
* Keyboard completely disassembled, cleaned, reassembled, and tested.
* Key caps, plungers/contactors, springs, frame, and PCB all cleaned individually.
* Case meticulously cleaned/scrubbed, then retrobrite process applied to brighten it up.
* UV protectant applied to reduce future discoloration.
* Top and bottom halves well matched/fitting.Sits flat with no over hang or warpage.
* All 3 rear hinge tabs are intact, structural integrity is solid.
* The case is in nearly perfect condition! The only imperfection I can find is on the very bottom where a couple white dots are visible where screws pressed the plastic from the inside.
Original Box Condition:
* Has some tape and worn edges/corners, the cardboard is showing its years. See pictures.
* Foam spacers somewhat chipped, but intact
* Box does not have a serial number sticker
* Vintage supply was tested under loaded conditions and currently meets voltage/noise requirements.
* After verification, tested it with this system several games and test suites without issue.
* However: These supplies have been known to fail in such a way that can damage components in the C64! It is recommended that you instead use a modern replacement power supply to ensure ongoing years of reliable operation.
* Takes place after all final repairs, cleaning, heatsinking.
* Shake test (shipping simulation)
* Commodore dead test
* Commodore diagnostic suite with test harness looping, minimum 100 passes (see pic)
* Manually Verify 3ROM checksums and basic sound
* Detailed sound test using SID Tester Utility: 3 voices, 3 waveforms + noise, filters, envelopes, modulation
* All 3 Video modes checked: S-Video, Composite, and Modulated ch3 & 4
* Keyboard individual key test
* Connect 1541 floppy or Pi1541 and test with several programs/gamesAbout me and my process:
I'm a retired Electrical Engineer (25 years with Intel) who has been interested in C64s since my first one in 1983.
All work is done in an ESD safe environment with professional equipment.
I take great care and pride in restoring these old machines to operating like new!Sale includes Commodore 64 Computer and original Box + Power Supply only.
Other peripherals not included. I recommend using a modern C64 power supply, also an S-video cable for best video quality.
I'm happy to make detailed recommendations, feel free to ask!Unit will be well wrapped in ESD safe (pink) bubble wrap for physical and electrical safety during shipping.Please contact me with any questions and I will respond promptly.
Thank you for your consideration!ID: